DSL Settings for the Huawei MT880 modem/router

Discussion in 'BayanDSL / SkyDSL' started by Verbl Kint, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Disconnect the broadband connection that the installer configured on your computer (probably a built-in PPPoE client). Just remember your username and password by writing it down on a piece of paper.

You should set your pc to have the following:

ip address: 192.168.1.100
    subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    default gateway: 192.168.1.1

Open a web browser and on the address bar type:

http://192.168.1.1

When asked for a login, the username is "admin" and the password is also "admin" (w/o the quotes, of course).

On the page, expand the "Basic" area on the sidebar by clicking on the plus sign.

Click on "WAN Settings" then click on the pencil at the PVC-0 row.

Your settings should be the following:

VPI/VCI: 0/33
    Mode: PPPoE
    IGMP: Disable
    Service Name: BayanDSL
    username: <please type the username that you wrote down a while ago>
    password: <please type the password that you wrote down a while ago>

Click the "Submit" button at the bottom.

Expand the "Tools" area in the sidebar and and choose "Save & Reboot".

Choose the "Reboot" option and wait until the modem re-initializes itself.

++ You may choose to change all the other settings on the router such as turning on the DHCP server option and all the other NAT niceties so long as you know what your doing. ++

2. what are the feedback about this modem? a technician just left and he change the modem to ZTE (previously owned by another subscriber)with my permission since he wasn't able to make the smartax modem work with my pc. sigh! but as long as i'm able to go back online with no hitch, whether old or new i'll be ok. but they will surely hear from me again. :D

3. So far so good. No untoward heat problems that I've noticed. Way better than the broadband modem I had in the past. The GUI is pretty basic although the router uses jargon a lot different than how D-link, Linksys or Westell would word it.

You will need to configure NAT, RIP and other settings to fully tweak your system. Haven't touched anything yet outside of basic configs, though.

I didn't need to forward any ports when I was running Skype, YM, Windows Live, utorrent, and making my widgets work. This is quite convenient although there may be a lot of security issues that I'm not aware of yet. I went to Gibson Research and ran tests (including a port scan) and the results were satisfactory.

YMMV :)

4. have you used zte before? any comments on it?

5. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

@ Verbl Kint

welcome to the forum...

nice guide... by the way, it would be better if you can provide settings for dhcp and nat too...

plus screenshots... hehehe... it will make the guide easier to follow for noobs... and less questions will be asked, of course...

if you decided to add screenshots, just edit your first post... and i'll ask symantec to put it on sticky...

thanks again...

6. HELP PLEASE re: Bayantel DSL Huawei MT 880

Anyone, I'm a new customer of Bayantel DSL. I switched from PLDT To Bayantel DSL (stand-alone) 768 kbps. They gave me the HUAWEU MT 880. I was wondering, given that I have a WiFi router, is it possible for four different computers to use the internet with only one DSL subscription?

I read from somewhere that bayantel has this protocol/procedure that if it finds out that two computers are using one subscription, the modem is automatically turned off. Although, I am not sure if this is true.

So my question is, with only one subscription - Bayantel DSL 768 kbps, will I be able to hook my modem to a WiFi router so that four different computers would be able to use the internet at the same time?

Thank you very much!

7. Symantec

Symantec Member

Re: HELP PLEASE re: Bayantel DSL Huawei MT 880

Yes,you can hook up your other pcs,as long as you configure your router,wala ka nang gagalawin sa modem, ganyan din ako.... but am using a dlink router.... welcome to the forums dude!

8. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

@ zeach16

welcome to the forum...

yup... just plug it in you modem... all configurations should be done on your router... leave your modem as is...

9. @ all user of huawei smartax mt880(bayantel subs)

donwload file attach: this for frequent disconnection of the said modem when using PPPOe connection or ask bayantel tech if the said modem issued to you is already upgraded with the new software version..hope this help.

10. friday13

friday13 Member

nice guide kaso Static ang binigay ng bayantel sa amin eh. Ok naman ang performance ng modem na ito naka-on sya ng 16 hours na ala DC every day. Oo nga po pla medyo mainit din sya di sya pede na ala electric fan na nakatutok.

11. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

@ arrows

welcome to the forum...

where is that file attachment?

12. kailangan ko din po ng file kc putol2 din connection ko

13. ok ba sAu??kc s akin s 16hrs cguro mga 15tyms disconnect internet ko...kainis eH...

14. mnv2k2

mnv2k2 Member

Recently, I'm getting frquent disconnections too, meron po ba kau idea? Dati naman same configuration as above, no disconnection. Is it our server?

15. @ dyoddyowel

sir kindly send ur email , i'll send u the file for modem upgrade, can't attach file(a new tepatch file came from huawei, most recent huawei modem encounter such frequent disconnection):

1. access modem (192.168.1.1)
    2.go to tools then firmware upgrade
    3. upload the tepatch.bin file
    modem will automatically reboot itself..

16. @ dyoddyowel

sir kindly send ur email , i'll send u the file for modem upgrade, can't attach file(a new tepatch file came from huawei, most recent huawei modem encounter such frequent disconnection):

1. access modem (192.168.1.1)
    2.go to tools then firmware upgrade
    3. upload the tepatch.bin file
    modem will automatically reboot itself..

17. double post...

18. mnv2k2

mnv2k2 Member

Please send it to me also, thanks... manuel_igop at yahoo dat kom

19. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

pa send den saken.

13th[@]whoever[.]com

20. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

double post..