zyxel p600 series to wireless belkin router to dvr

Discussion in 'DSL & Info Tech News' started by pau, Aug 31, 2011.

1. pau

pau

Good day, anyone know how to configure zyxel p600 series to wireless belkin router to dvr (cctv camera)

2. josekym

josekym Member

Basically, you need to know some things too:

1) Is your Zyxel P600 in router mode?
    2) What are the required ports you need to open for the DVR?
    3) Is your ISP connection on Static IP/PPPoE/Dynamic IP/etc?

Plug in your modem to the PC first and establish an Internet connection. Once you have connected, then go to the prompt and do IPCONFIG /ALL and take note of the IP Address, Subnet, Gateway and DNS values you have.

#1 If your Modem is in bridge mode (i.e. your IP address is not 192.168.xxx.yyy), then you can just configure the WAN port on the Belkin as usual with Dynamic IP. Take note of how the Belkin is configured for its LAN side. From there, assign a Static LAN IP to the DVR which is in the same network as the Belkin (i.e. 192.168.xxx.yyy) and do the necessary port forwarding to the DVR's LAN IP from the Belkin router interface.

#2 If your Modem is in router mode (i.e. your PC gets a 192.168.xxx.yyy IP address when directly connected), then you must first turn it to bridge mode so it would be easier for you to manage the pot forwarding from the Belkin only. Else. you'll have to do port-forwarding to the WAN port of the Belkin router from the Zyxel.

Example #1:

Modem in bridge mode
    |
    v
    Belkin Router WAN port (112.xxx.yyy.zzz IP address) <- Dynamic IP connection type
    Belkin Router LAN port (192.168.1.33 IP address)
    |
    v
    DVR (192.168.1.35) <- Static LAN IP; forward necessary ports to this address

Example #2:

Modem in router mode (112.xxx.yyy.zzz IP address) <- Dynamic IP connection type
    |
    v
    Belkin Router WAN port (192.168.1.33 IP address) <- Static LAN IP; forward necessary ports to this address
    Belkin Router LAN port (192.168.10.1 IP address)
    |
    v
    DVR (192.168.10.35) <- Static LAN IP; forward necessary ports to this address

pau likes this.
  3. pau

pau

Thank you josekym, actually i already changed the router into routing mode... i think i am wrong with the belkin router setup... ill try to do your example # 2 thanks again