Windows XP SP3 Available for Download!

Discussion in 'DSL & Info Tech News' started by vanix_09, Aug 30, 2007.

1. vanix_09

vanix_09 Member

Windows XP SP3 Available for Download!

In two weeks too :) Microsoft confirmed officially that Windows XP Service Pack 3 will be made available for download in the next couple of weeks.

It seems that Microsoft is continuing the practice of releasing the milestones of the first service pack for Windows Vista and the third refresh for Windows XP concomitantly. The Redmond company initially shipped a pre-beta build of Windows XP SP3 concomitantly with the pre-beta version of Windows Vista SP1 in mid July. Up until this point, Microsoft has been dead quiet about the development of XP SP1, with all details stopped by the Windows Omerta codename Translucency, set in place by Sinofsky.

Now Microsoft has confirmed that the full beta of the service pack for Windows Vista will be available for download via Connect to some 10,000 to 15,000 testers. Additionally, the Redmond company also announced that the first actual beta of Windows XP SP3 will be delivered to all TechNet and Microsoft Developer Network subscribers. The third refresh for XP is planned for limited availability by mid September. At this point in time, Microsoft failed to reveal if a public beta of the service pack will be offered to users, in a manner similar to that of Windows Vista SP1.

However, unlike Vista SP1 which only now had its final availability date confirmed for the first quarter of 2008, Windows XP SP3 was scheduled all along for the first half of the coming year. In mid July, Microsoft delivered to a select pool of testers Windows XP SP3 pre-beta build 5.1.2600.3180 (xpsp.070718-2058). The version was subsequently leaked to peer-to-peer file sharing networks. Microsoft emphasized that the third service pack for Windows XP, as well as the first service pack for Windows Vista, would not impact considerably the users’ experience on each of the two operating systems. Still, XP SP3 is long overdue as Microsoft delayed the product from 2006, to 2007 and then to 2008. The last refresh, for Windows XP, SP2 was made available back in 2004.

source: news.softpedia.com

2. KennethM

KennethM Guest

Mas maganda lang naman ang GUI nang Vista compared to XP eh. Di ba? :lol:

3. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

there's also the annoying UAC...

4. KennethM

KennethM Guest

Huh, UAC?

Ano ba ibig sabihin nun? :lol:

5. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

User Account Control...

nakagamit ka na ba ng vista? yun yung prompt pag me gagawin kang administrative task or something that makes system wide changes...

6. KennethM

KennethM Guest

Hindi pa nga eh. When I upgraded or when a buy a new PC, Vista siguro ang ipapa-install kong OS. :oops:

7. palevelmode

palevelmode Member

hello po, yung sp2 ng vista may balita na ba???

8. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

@ technix

try mo na lang dual boot sa vista... i think kya naman siguro ng computer mo yan... ano ba specs mo?

@ palevelmode

wala pa balita sa sp2 ng vista... siguro 2010 pa yun... hehehe... yun ngang sp1 ng vista di pa lumalabas eh... hehe

9. palevelmode

palevelmode Member

ah ganun ba sir... kala ko sp1 na yung release before hehehe, amfufu ko

10. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

hehe... lahat naman tyo nagkakamali eh...

11. KennethM

KennethM Guest

Hindi kaya.
    Hahaha...

Intel Celeron 1.7GHz
    ASRock P4V88 Motherboard
    Standard 512MB DDR400 (PC3200) RAM
    nVidia GeForce FX5500 (256MB ; 128-bit) AGP Video Card
    Maxtor 30GB Hard Disk Drive (7200RPM)
    19" Acer AL1917 LCD Monitor

12. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

kya yan... download mo vlite then remove yung mga unneeded features... bale parang vista basic lang labas nun... hehehe... then turn-off unneeded services...

upgrade ka na lang memory to 1GB...

13. KennethM

KennethM Guest

Yup, I'm planning to upgrade to 2GB nang RAM.

PM me the link bro. Advance kiss este thanks. Hehehe... :lol:

14. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

www.vlite.net

read ahead ka muna kung ano mga pwede mong alisin na di mo kailangan...

ay bakit mo ko kiniss? hehehe

15. vanix_09

vanix_09 Member

Wala pa ata sa ROADMAP ang SP2 ng Vista. Still focusing on Vista SP1 pa sila.

This is my Windows Vista Ultimate Lite only for 1 CD.

[​IMG]

16. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

invalid yung link mo vanix... try mo ulit...

17. pawleonhart

pawleonhart Member

ako natry ko na yung vista home premium na upgrade. yung install ka muna ng xp den upgrade mo sa vista, kainis nga ung uac khit administrator ka di mo maedit/delete yung sa program files. kaunti pa lang naman yata supported apps ng vista eh. balik xp ako ulit.

18. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

one of the first i thing i do in a fresh vista install is to disable UAC...

19. vanix_09

vanix_09 Member

San don?

20. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

naayos na pala... hehehe...