Smart Bro Canopy Now up to 2mbps

Discussion in 'PLDT DSL' started by yawakolera, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Hi! just having a search with regards about canopy... coz i want to speed up my smartbro router.. as i've search on reviews like to locate your canopy when you type on command prompt arp -a

Why is it mine only 3 lines?

On the reviews as I have search it has 4 lines? Why?

Ps hope smartbro router should increase there speed. I am not satisfied about the speed.

2. duhwho

duhwho staff Staff Member

@sappacos13

are you on canopy type smartbro? not the wimax or 3g?

3. manok00

manok00 Member

Just have seen the SB Canopy type for sale on tipidpc and it's a hack version
    They change the MAC Address to the working one's then use it unlimited without payment every month

If this is already rampant as for sale then Smart will now push for the retirement of the Canopy type (lowtek!)

Try nyong bumili sa tpc, marami doon 5k one time then forever internet na

4. puwede po ba patulong... paano po gumawa ng smart bro canopy?

5. jaworemoj

jaworemoj Member

@manok00
    bawal yung ganun..take it at your own risk yun.

1. yes its true, 4 years na ako naka smartbro canopy 999, ung 1-2years ko laging 512 to 1mbps lang.. tapos ung 3rd year ko umakyat ng 2mpbs.. ngayon pangapat na taon ko pinaka mabagal ko na is 2mbps, burst speed ko is 4-5mbps... hindi ako makapaniwala pero totoo un ang nakukuha ko even tanghali at hapon (Paco Basestation)
    [​IMG]

screenshot taken March 17, 2011 10:30am

[​IMG]
    ito nman March 12, 2011 5:33am

[​IMG]
    ito naman March 12, 2011(saturday) 1:00PM

balak ko dati ipaputol na ang smartbro nung 512 lang nakukuha ko... right choice pa rin pala na hindi ko pinaputol... simula nung 3rd year ko sa smart bro, nagiging kuntento na ako sa speed..

6. rossh

rossh Member

The speed of the canopy system is controlled by Smart's network config. They set your unit serial number to a "Maximum throughput" (you can see this value in the config screen). Smart set / change this from the central office over the air - no visit required. Most of us are set to 1Mbps. That's 750Kbs down + 250Kbs up equals 1Mbps.

To change it to 2Mbps (1.5 down, 0.5 up), Smart have to change your config in the central office, but will only do it, if you ask for it.

7. duhwho

duhwho staff Staff Member

hays sana di na rin ako umalis sa smartbro hehehehe :)