Setup Static IP Address with bayanDSL

Discussion in 'BayanDSL / SkyDSL' started by gkyla, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Hi. I have a CCTV that I want to view even if I'm not at home. I was able to log in using my public IP address, but the problem is that my IP address changes every time I restart my laptop or my modem/router. I assume that the problem here is not having a permanent IP address to use. Can anyone help me setup a static IP address? I have a bayanDSL PPPoE connection, modem, Linksys WRT160N router, and a MacBook. I tried following this: http://portforward.com/networking/static-Mac10.4.htm but failed. How do I do this?

2. Deeza

Deeza staff Staff Member

the link above explains how the ip address works (dynamic/static)

.you should talk to your ISP and ask for a permanent IP (static).

iyan ang problema sa dynamic address sa CCTV

3. madzieph71

madzieph71 Member

Get a dyndns (dyndns.com) or noip (noip.com) account... that way you won't have to worry with dynamic dns changes.

4. Mikos

Mikos Member

Residential accounts with BayanDSL always have or are given Dynamic Internet IP addresses.

If the Topic Opener wants a static IP instead of getting a free dynamic DNS account available on the web, then s/he will have to upgrade his/her account to a business account.

5. hope you still getting a Public IP, sakin kc.. wala ng public IP, kaya malamang d na ako makapag port forward..