Pldt plan 1299 - busted modem replaced for 1200 pesos!?

Discussion in 'DSL & Info Tech News' started by Marius-Dejess, May 9, 2017.

1. Plan 1299 is a combination of landline (previous service) with addition on August 8, 2014 of dsl, totally now payment of monthly 1299 pesos.

The modem sold to me on this plan 1299 is the Prolink H5004N, discovered by service technician to be busted, discovered on May 5, 2017 at 10:23 am.

Technician informed me that it had to be replaced, otherwise no isp possible, cost of replacement is 1200 pesos which would be included in next billing.

No choice but to accept the replacement which is now another model, namely: iGateway ADSL GAN9 ET263-4.

I say I had no choice because for three days already I had no isp service from Pldt, and just the same I will be paying the monthly billing of 1299 pesos.

That was Friday, May 5, 2017, so I made a mental note to see Pldt business office on Monday next, to ask for exemption from the 1200 pesos cost of replacement of the busted modem.

Yesterday Monday, first thing in the morning, I went to Pldt business office (as I write this post, it is Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 05:24 am), to inquire about possible exemption, because Pldt provided a poor standard model, it lasted only 2 years and 4 months, besides I am a loyal Pldt subscriber, paying my bills faithfully, punctually, and always completely.

The lady entertaining me repeated time and again: No, because the model was only with warranty for one year, etc., etc, etc. but no, period.

So, what do you guys here say? Isn't that a scam, rip-off, by installing a low quality modem so that Pldt makes more money with cost of 1200 pesos for replacing a low standard modem, which is sure to break down in less than three years?

I told the lady to kindly pass to Pldt management my unhappy insight on Pldt's scam and rip-off.

What do you guys here say?