PLDT DSL Slow Internet Speed

Discussion in 'PLDT DSL' started by Ppoooh, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

Anybody experiencing slow internet speed today? Normally, am getting close to 1 mbps DSL Speed. This afternoon at around 1 PM, had dropped to around 300 kbps. At around 7 pm, had dropped further to around 150 kbps.

Already reported to 171. Seems like many had same problem in the area. Am located in East Rizal area.

Did got a call also from PLDT this afternoon, offering DSL speed upgrade. Told him that am currently experiencing slow DSL speed problem. And they have to fix the problem first before they do offer DSL speed upgrade. The nerve of these guys .....

2. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

By midnight on same day the DSL is back up and running fast at around 1.8 mbps. By evening, the DSL speed had gone back down to normal at around 1 mbps.

I guess the sudden increase in DSL speed just after fixing the problem is an offset (instead of a refund) to the problem encountered earlier.

3. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

I am very very happy with my DSL speed starting 2 days ago. Hope that it will be permanent.

4. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

Why is it on Speedtest.net, I'm getting almost 2mbps. While on actual download, am just getting around 1mbps? Weird!

5. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

First time to encounter that the Speedtest.net hangs up during downloading speed test towards the end (does not complete) repeatedly. Must've been really something wrong with our Internet (PLDT DSL).

6. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

Came from around 2 hour power outage (after lightning strike and rains) this afternoon. My speedtest.net still shows around 900+ kbps download speed. I suppose this is between my PC and PLDT. But then the actual download speed coming from the Internet (outside PLDT) is around 400+ kbps only. Is there something wrong with PLDT DSL this afternoon? The speedtest.net downloading speed test towards the end does not complete again.

7. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

DSL speed is back to normal again a few hours ago.

8. Ganito po problem sakin since June rin. Around noon babagsak internet tapos pag dating ng around 6pm mas babagsak (90kbps) naka 3mbps plan kami tapos hindi parin nila maayos. Tondo area

9. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

My PLDT DSL problem started again this afternoon. Earlier, several websites failed to load. Thereby forcing me to do a power on reset of my modem and router. Now am getting high ping (270ms+ up to 700ms+). Upload speed is higher than the download speed. As if the download speed and download speed had switched/interchanged. Am getting download speed of around 4ookbps to 600kbps only which should be 1mbps. Already reported to PLDT to have my DSL Port at the CO reset just now. Let's see when they'll gonna have this fixed.

10. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

It was fixed the same evening as well. Guessed they just successfully reset the DSL Port at the CO.

11. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

There are too many instances someone calling up home (our landline) saying that they are from PLDT and is offering something. From the looks of the voice of the caller and the way they talk, I don't believe they're connected really with PLDT. And that they always say that they are new with PLDT. And why would PLDT be hiring call agents who talks poorly? I don't even trust them anymore because they could just lift our telephone numbers from any PLDT phonebook anytime.

12. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

I don't what is wrong today with PLDT DSL. My speedtest is correct at 1mbps. But actual download speed is 240kbps max.

Seems like internet going out of the Phils is the problem.

13. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

Back to normal na ulit ang download speed ko. Ano ba yan? Erratic. Akala ko matagalan bago bumalik.

14. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

PLDT DSL was problematic again last night. Before midnight, the internet just drops/gone. The DSL modem's lights are all normal. No external IP address could be provided by PLDT. Then after over 20 minutes, the internet is back. And then after around 1 hour, the internet just drops/gone again. No external IP address could be provided by PLDT again. Called up 171, waiting for a loooooong time. Nobody answered. Just decided to shut down for the whole night.

Upon checking this morning, the DSL is back to normal again. Seems like PLDT is working on their DSL last night.

15. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

PLDT DSL even at the slowest plan that I have is getting worse starting yesterday. During the day, the actual DSL download speed is the worst (getting 1/4 only of subscribed speed) even if Speedtest reports normal DSL speed. I noticed that the actual DSL download speed is normal after midnight up to around 7:30AM (I guess). All of these changes they're trying to implement due to treats from newcomers like NOW and Telstra is messing up the existing subscribers. Are you trying to lose clients or keeping existing clients happy?

By the way, am always getting the 49.xxx.xxx.xxx IP Address. Am not getting the 112.xxx.xxx.xxx IP Address anymore.

Am also getting the same poor DSL speed on Smart broadband during the day as well.

16. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

Again, the PLDT DSL speed is very slow during the day and fast during early morning. I guess there's a problem again with PLDT due to the new DSL package changes they're offering recently. Seems like the existing accounts are thereby affected. Throttling maybe....

I guess must've been related to the 49.148.x.x that they've kept giving me. The speedtest doesn't even complete on the download cycle despite the 15ms ping.

17. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

Finally, already got the 112.204.x.x. DSL speed is back to normal.

18. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

I just read from other forum/thread today that PLDT DSL had automatically upgraded their speeds for existing subscribers. After modem reset, am getting 2 mbps now as compared to the previous 1 mbps.

19. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

Just now, I guess it is back to 1 mpbs again. PLDT still Testing???

20. Ppoooh

Ppoooh Member

I have a Bundled Plan 990 and is not included in the list of automatic speed upgrade. But then today, my DSL Speed is quite erratic (normal speed and random drop in speed close to zero) the whole day. Yet PLDT still couldn't provide a stable DSL speed. What more those with higher DSL plans. This is very disruptive indeed.