Mga dwende at enkanto

Discussion in 'Chat Lounge / Im Bored' started by JamesCooper, Dec 27, 2007.

1. jaczmar

jaczmar Member

can you post the source? please.
  2. Ominous

Ominous Member

Did they test for organic components of the specimen?
  3. crazykalbo

crazykalbo Member

hahaha! im sure the props made there is the same with what they do in Hollywood (referring to the pictures of the "dead-fried" faerie). it was probably sprayed with an insecticide or a flame thrower which caused her death... buwahaha! and, no, i dont believe in such stories that these beings exist but i do believe that the creative minds of men are capable of creating hollywood-class creatures. :D
  4. nietzsche88

nietzsche88 Member

...There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?

i say just pick your *superstition* to believe in, theyre all the same - they bring nothing to you..hehe

5. i dont believe this too coz sa report nya di sinabi kung saang lugar... parang ung mga mababasa mo sa remate na mga kwentong ewan...

but i like reading them... to see if it's true... hehehe ... btw sa ibang bansa pala to...

@jaczmar

sa email ko lang po yan e... and medyo inaamag na sa inbox ko kaya nag share na rin ako ng pics. hehe
  6. JamesCooper

JamesCooper Member

@nebuchadnezzarr.... naka-receive din ako 'nyan via email, galing pa ng Europe...hehe

Mahirap talagang paniwalaan ang hindi mo nakikita, pero nakapagtatakang hindi lamang pala sa Pilipinas may mga ganitong kwento...

[​IMG]

In the company of the Dwende
    by Michelle Lanuza (Moonlight Mitz) - 1999
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/3951/dwende.html

It all started when I was just about seven years old. My aunt and uncle came from the province to visit us. I didn't like them. They were very strict. Also, they were very superstitious people. One night, I saw my uncle walking towards our backyard, holding a lightened candle. I thought this was odd; there was no electrical blackout. I followed him, and watched as he knelt before the old jackfruit tree and placed the candle among its roots. I laughed. My uncle saw me and gestured for me to be silent. Then suddenly, tiny lights began to glow all over our backyard, dancing and twinkling in a merry carnival. I watched, fascinated, as a miniature procession of lights passed in front of me. Then there was a tiny ferris-wheel of lights turning round and round beneath the tree. It took me a second or so before realizing that I was at that very moment in the company of the "dwende," the elves.

Now, many years later, I have often wondered if that memory was that- a memory… or just an illusion fabricated by my youthful mind. Nevertheless, that moment changed my life.

Elves, or dwendes (as they were commonly called in the Philippines), are divided into two kinds. There is the "puting dwende" (white elf), who were good beings and quite harmless. You could play with them and make them your friends. Then there is the "itim na dwende" (black elf), which you should fiercely avoid. Itim na dwendes are evil creatures who delight in tormenting those poor hapless human beings who had, unfortunately, trespassed their homes. Homes include fruit trees, grassy plains, gardens, and termite mounds (among all others). Once you had violated their territory, you'll develop an illness, which is incurable by modern medicine. Symptoms include severe stomach aches, high fever, strings of diseases, sudden coughs, sever migraine, etc… The only cure is to seek the help of an albularyo (medicine man or shaman). A healing rite starts with identification. The albularyo tries to identify the source of the hex. He drops molten wax into a bowl of water and prays over it. The shape or face of the enchanter then appears through the wax. This is called "pagtatawas." Then, using incantations, incenses and herbs, he/she then cures the hexed one. After the ceremony, the albularyo then places an offering (usually food) beneath the tree where the elf resides.

Many children claim to have been befriended by white elves. Some could even be seen talking with them. Some say they were just about his/her size, some say they were a lot smaller, like a finger. Many girls had been courted by elves. It is a wise thing to refuse them, for if you agreed to marry an elf, you'll live in his world forever and never come back. Some elves bring good luck to a family. Some elves curse them.

Believe what you may, but they had been and always shall be an everyday part of the Filipino lifestyle. No kiddin'.

Related topic: http://diwatta.multiply.com/
  7. pmcastillo

pmcastillo Member

Hmmmmmm... ano-ano kaya ang mga "only in the philippines"? Hmmmm... hehe

Kapre... - Malaking tao na may yosi (ano kaya brand non?)
    Laman-Lupa... - "Soul" na naninirahan sa lupa? O_O
    Manananggal... - Putol na tao na may pakpak... (although meron sa ibang bansa)... ang pinagkaiba sa atin, sa atin.. may mahaba syang dila
  8. JamesCooper

JamesCooper Member

nabasa ko ito, while doing a google search on this topic...

...tabi-tabi po (pagbibigay galang sa mga dwende)...

Fired Judge Blames Elf for Court Mishaps
    By Debra Cassens Weiss, Sep 17, 2007
    http://www.newpersonalinjury.info/contr ... mes-elves/

The Philippines Supreme Court has asked a fired judge who claims he is assisted by three elves to stop making threats of “ungodly reprisal.”

The court kicked Florentino Floro Jr. off the bench largely because of his belief in the supernatural, the Wall Street Journal reports (sub. req.). A medical clinic determined that the judge was suffering from psychosis.

Since then Floro has battled to get his job back, appearing on TV and winning converts who seek his healing powers. At the same time, a series of unfortunate incidents have befallen the supreme court justices or their families, including serious illnesses and car accidents.

Floro says the person to blame for the mishaps is one of the elves, "Luis," a "king of kings" who is an avenger. He told the newspaper that the elves help him predict the future, but he has never consulted them when issuing judicial decisions.

The Supreme Court has not reversed any of Floro’s decisions since firing him.
  9. zackxxx

zackxxx Member

cool... hehehehe.....

tiyanak... - sanggol na halimaw. heheheeh
    kokey - alien na pinoy. hehehehe