How To Speed Up Dial-UP Connection

Discussion in 'Dialup'pers' started by KennethM, Apr 25, 2006.

1. KennethM

KennethM Guest

Hey guys, just wanna ask you a question...
    How can I speed up a dial-up connection...
    I'm using PLDT Vibe (P100) as my ISP and my connection speed is 28.8kbps

2. Symantec

Symantec Member

Modem mo ba internal o external? nasa 56 kbps na ang mga modems ngayun. baka nasa settings lang yan. Meron Web Accelerator ang ISP Bonanza. Try mo...http://www.ispx.com.ph/ispx/ispx_index.php3?ispx=prod

3. duhwho

duhwho staff Staff Member

try to lower the modem baud rate to 56700 (under modem properties)

and then force the string to 56K

the reason your getting 28.8K this is cause by line noise... forcing the modem to work on much lower pace baud rate might work to 50K

:)

4. maetsuen

maetsuen Member

I got to lower the baud rate to 56700.
    What does force the string to 56K mean?

My dial-up is only giving me 19kbps, PLDT Vibe 100 rin gamit ko.
    Ubber bagal, kaya nood TV habang hintay.

5. primus

primus Member

the modem baud rate that you can find under the setting is a DCE-DTE rate and not DCE-DCE rate, the DCE-DCE connection speed is handled by the modem protocol (ie. v.92 etc..etc..), the reason you are getting a lower rate because the modem's auto fallback features kicks in while listening to the quality of line.

6. try, mo ung blast internet prepaid, tapos magdownload k n rin ng internet accelerator nun...

7. CyberpunKid

CyberpunKid Member

How can I do that? Is it on the setting or something. I'm also using dial-up... so LOL!

8. uyy sir duhwho panu 2? give specifics kung panu.. and have you tried it? reliable ba ang conxn mo?

9. btw, im using Diamond SupraExpress 56 dialup external modem, kaso i feel nalilimit ata yung download speed ko ng modem, and ive noticed na altho its 56k modem, may nakalagay na v.42. does this affect download speed kse yung sa ibang modem v.92? if yes, anu ba ito sa chip mismo or you can upgrade the firmware? kaso kung firmware nga e nagsara na tong Diamond na kumpanya na gumawa neto hehehehe... or is there a third party software/firmware to do it?

10. KennethM

KennethM Guest

@Duhwho:

31.2kbps lang talaga ang max connection ko sa PC, depende din kasi sa location and or layo mo sa PLDT eh. :(

11. CyberpunKid

CyberpunKid Member

12. KennethM

KennethM Guest

Thanks, I'll try this one out and post kung may changes nga talaga. :lol:

13. Hey,just follow some tips to make your speed up
    -->Configure your browser so it won't display graphics, animations, sound, video or other multimedia content (see "How to Turn Off Sounds, Pictures or Video on Web Pages").
    -->Surf when Internet traffic is low. Heaviest traffic is usually on weekends and evenings.
    -->Use your cache effectively. "Cache" refers to storage space where your recently visited Web sites are saved. You may need to resize your cache allotment, or you may need to purge your cache periodically. Look through your browser's menus for items named Cache, Temporary Internet files and so on.
    -->Upgrade your modem.
    -->Consult with your Internet service provider to ensure that your modem is configured correctly.
    -->Replace your telephone modem with a fast-access connection such as wave, ISDN, DSL, satellite, a cable modem.
    and now check your connection speed through some speed checker like Ip-Details.com

14. athenaxds

athenaxds Member

you brought the dead back to life :D

panahon pa ito ng dial up