[HELP] Settings for PROLiNK-H6300G

Discussion in 'Globe DSL' started by kathy025, Oct 8, 2010.

1. kathy025

kathy025 Member

Plan: Wired Broadband 3Mbps (no landline)

Hello po,

We just acquired our Globelines Broadband. Everyone in the house is on a wireless internet connection. Bale po it's only the PROLiNK-H6300G modem/router that's connected to the phoneline wall socket (via RJ-11).

I was tweaking the settings for H6300G and eventually messed things up (makulit po kasi ako). As a remedy, I poked the RESET button at the back of the modem/router and now, we can't even access the internet.

1) Tanong ko lang po, what are the correct settings/values for these:

Interface Setup > Internet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) Do I still need to touch anything else? (i.e. Advanced Setup, Access Management)
    Basta po I just need to regain our internet access.

3) What is my GBB User ID? (for Click Fix)

2. j0sefuz

j0sefuz Member

you really messed up lalo na hindi mo tinake note ang UserName and PassWord.. To retrieve that information, icheck mo yung documents na binigay sayo ng kumabit ng DSL nyo and try to check kung may username and password.. pag may nakita kang something na may [email protected] - un ang user name na ilalagay mo jan and ang password naman is your account number..

and try mo rin basahin tong guide na to, to secure your wireless LAN..
    http://pinoydsl.net/viewtopic.php?t=23546

3. josekym

josekym Member

The default modem settings should work. Just change the PPPoE credentials to your account's info. You can call 211 or 171 to ask for the same.

4. kathy025

kathy025 Member

I have obtained the username and password from Globe. Yun lang po ba ang kailangan? Kasi even after entering the info, hindi pa rin maka-connect.

Do I have to put something sa "Servicename"?

5. josekym

josekym Member

Yup, yun lang dapat kailangan. Leave the "Service Name" blank.

After you enter the username and password, save the modem settings and then restart the modem. See if it connects to the Internet then (observe from the LED lights... dapat naka-on yung ilaw na green sa "Internet" at hindi red).

BTW, are you using Wifi? Or a cable from your PC to the modem?

6. kathy025

kathy025 Member

Wireless po lahat (2 laptops, 1 desktop PC, 1 wireless printer). Wala pong cable na nakakabit from PC to modem. Yung modem lang po yung naka-connect sa data/phoneline sa wall.

Nilagay ko na po yung un/pw and restarted the modem. "Unable to connect to server" pa rin po sa browser eh (FF and IE). Eto po yung status nung prolink:

[​IMG]

7. josekym

josekym Member

Hmmm... from your screenie, wala ka nakuhang valid IP address from the dynamic pool ni Globe, kahit connected ang status ng modem mo. Better call up Globe and complain about it to them asap.

8. donetus

donetus Member

call Globe's hotline .. they'll assist you with the settings and username/password .. :)

9. kathy025

kathy025 Member

Dumating po yung Globe tech today. I have to say, Globe has great customer support service compared to the crap PLDT (or should I say PLDC) has.

Ang sabi po ni Kuya Globe, kaya raw hindi maka-login yung account namin kasi may gumagamit daw or something. From what I understood, server-side issues kaya itinawag niya sa Globe and asked for a temporary password/account no. change. Binigyan din kami ng bagong prolink h6300g. Now it's fixed and I guess I'll just leave the settings as it is haha.

Thanks din po for trying to help. I'll definitely come by here if I have other networking issues. :)

10. josekym

josekym Member

^^Good to hear you had that sorted out already...

Welcome to PDSL!

11. prolink h6300g for pldt?

12. alucardver

alucardver Member

dapat po kasi yung modem mo nakakabit din sa router. heheh. Di ka po talaga makaka connect nyan.

13. donetus

donetus Member

Re: prolink h6300g for pldt?

siguro pwede pero you need the admin username/password to access the admin menu .. pero alam ko kasi customized firmware yung gamit nila dun so i'm not sure kung pwede mo gamitin yung settings ng PLDT dun.

14. ser pareho kami ng model ng modem/router wifi..pero ang problema nung akin e laging nagrereset..nawawala ang internet conection..minsan twice a day pa..pero pag off and on for 5 sec nagkakaroon ule..3mbps bizplan....internet shop po naman saken...laking abala...anu po kya ang dapat ko gawin?TIA

15. kathy025

kathy025 Member

I know Einstein haha. But the prolink h6300g is actually a modem/router (2-in-1). For simple home use, no need for a separate router, it just needs to be connected to the dataline and you can establish wireless connection to multiple devices. :)

16. alucardver

alucardver Member

hehehe... Hndi ko kc nabasa n ok n pala. Anyway digihell po ba ang isp mo? Kung oo, good luck s future connection mo po. Hehehe

17. alucardver

alucardver Member

araykup, dobol post, nawalan kc ng signal cp ko. Tsk globe ka pala. Hays... Dami ko bloopers ngyn. Wala kc kuryente d2 kaya tyaga s cp. Hmmp.

18. josekym

josekym Member

Re: prolink h6300g for pldt?

Pwede dapat iyan. Kung yung PLDT mo is dynamic IP (i.e. NGN), then you just need to set the Prolink H6300G to "Dynamic IP" on its WAN port, and set the appropriate VPI/VCI settings.

19. kathy025

kathy025 Member

PLDT should come with a ZyXEL modem right? We bought our own separate router though and connected it with the modem when we were still using PLDT.