Help! (PLDTmyDSL problem)

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Problems / Bugs' started by rovick, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Good day to all!.. my name is Rovick from bulacan.. I just wanna ask ur opinion (If ever ur a PLDT subscriber too) about my PLDTmydsl PROBLEM..

So heres the issue..

Whenever I use my Internet, it disconnects and in order for me to connect it again, i need to use our Landline phone.. and eurika! it connects again, Good for 20 mins.. and disconnects again..
    *sigh*

the PLDT tech.. went to check our connection for 2 x already.. and the connection will be ok again for about 2-5 days.. after that, its back to Disconnecting again...

I'm tired of complaining to their hotline...

I hope someone could help me here..

thanks

2. pcruztemp

pcruztemp Member

does the pldt modem and all other phones have filters? 40 pesos lang yan sa cdrking

3. Its same here and even if you complain nothing will happen it will just be same old same old and still you pay for it wow. Its been a week now and I right now its not 20 mins its 2-3 mins and then disconnect its happening right now I cant even call now cause the phones dead will someone tell me what to do next? Ive been calling and calling and they keep on telling line problem and when will they fix it.

4. duhwho

duhwho staff Staff Member

so you are saying connected ka lang for 20mins? alin dun ang na disconnect DSL or Internet Light?

kung DSL light ang nawawala.. can you try this one just to isolate the problem.. disconnect all phones and filter and connect only the modem.. for at least 2 hours.. see if you can stay online with no disconnection..
    ;)

5. migs

migs Member

I recently had a problem with a PLDT DSL line at work, modem would "hang" after some time, I suspected that high usage (too many sessions) was choking the little unit, so I set it to bridge mode, and offloaded the PPPOE chores to a "bigger" router behind it.. problem went away.

6. duhwho

anung model nung modem mo?

7. migs

migs Member

not in the office right now, pero if I remember right, it was a white Wi-Fi, 4 port, ADSL (ZTE?). Pinalitan ko ng mas lumang Alcatel (no Wi-Fi, single LAN port), hang pa rin, set the modem to bridge mode and used a PEPLINK Balance 30 to do PPPOE, so far no issues for a week na.

8. duhwho

mga soho modem router kasi limited lang sessions nyan.. kaya better off to get good router..

saka mga hybrid na soho di ganun for heavy usage..

ngayon ko lang na narinig peplink.. grabe dami ng mga SOHO link.... DLINK, LINKsys... TPLINK.. ngayon PEPLINK... hehehe

9. migs

migs Member

:) yung PEPLink more for link balancing (when you have more than 1 WAN). Limited ang routing and firewall functions niya, pero I find it easier to maintain and administer...and I needed a link balancing solution pretty quick, not time to test a software based multiwan box. I have a FortiGate behind it and yun ang gamit for firewall and routing.

10. duhwho

TPLink din meron Multi WAN load balancer hehehe :D
    per nice features nung binasa ko sa website.. may 7 ways of balance, base on different criteria.. hehehe

11. migs

migs Member

oo nga.. the TPLink looks good too. I wonder where that can be bought locally.

12. duhwho

yung normal router available yata kahit saan hehehe.. dami dito ang naka tplink.. ;)

13. Hello Guys,

I need some help, for the past few weeks I have been experiencing disconnections with my internet after a few hours. When I get disconnected I notice that the DSL light on the wireless modem will go off and then after a few seconds turn on again.

My modem is PLDT's wireless Zyxel P-660HN-T1A.

Its not that it is frequent, but it happens every 1 hour, or 2 hour or after 3 hours. Its really annoying.

This is a brand new router that I replace from pldt, because I first suspect it was my old zyxel router that was having the problem, but it turns out it wasn't. Every part of the modem is new, from the rj cable, and splitter but i keep getting this disconnection. Please help :(

Thanks