Globelines IP Address and DNS Servers

Discussion in 'Globe DSL' started by mindless, Jun 3, 2007.

1. josekym

josekym Member

^^Just login as admin to /globe and click on "Interface Setup" and then "LAN". Scroll down to DNS section and select "Use User Discovered DNS Only" from the dropdown box, then enter the appropriate addresses on the primary and secondary fields.

2. sir pano to ggwin sa prolink 6300G
  3. nabuto

nabuto Member

@josekym

120.28.78.xxx

hmmm, static kami pero yan ang simula ang ip address namin.
  4. josekym

josekym Member

^^Based on my experience here, yung mga IP na nakukuha ko from that block eh nasa likod ng TP... Hindi ba kayo nasama?
  5. nabuto

nabuto Member

no, hindi kami kasama sa tp. sabi naman ng globe na lahat ng naka-static ip ay hindi dumadaan sa tp. and i think tama nga sila.
  6. josekym

josekym Member

Hmmm... Probably just those IPs assigned to PPPoE DHCP then, but a portion of the same block is assigned to static IP accounts... Kakakuha ko lang ng IP na ganiyan ang range last week when there was power interruption, and I was put behind the TP as usual...

Anyway, thanks for the additional info. ;)

7. thanks sir try ko,.. anung best DNS n gmitin,..
  8. josekym

josekym Member

You can choose:

OpenDNS:

Google DNS:

9. thanks sir try ko to,.. sir ask ko lang what if may nkuha ko magandang IP from Globe, pede bang gamitin ko ung DNS nun sa router config ko..
  10. josekym

josekym Member

^^Pwede naman... As long as reliable yung mga DNS address na iyon, then by all means use them. :)

11. thanks sir,.. :D

12. just tested it sir,.. I felt the difference this is a big help tnx for this :D :D
  13. josekym

josekym Member

^^You're welcome. Glad it worked out ok for you... Enjoy!
  14. Nette

Nette Member

REMOTE CHECKING

I believe GLOBE uses DHCP to assign dynamic IP address to DSL resident subscribers. From the outside like in the office if the firewall permits, how can I access remotely like remote assistant not knowing my residential IP address? Again provider uses NAT, how will I know my public IP address?
  15. josekym

josekym Member

^^Hmmm... First determine what is your IP address by 1) logging onto your modem GUI and see the WAN IP address you get. 2) Go to www.whatismyip.com and see if the address displayd there matches your address on the modem. If they match, then that number is certainly your IP address.

You want to access your PC remotely, even on Dynamic IP? Use Dynamic DNS freeware ( http://www.dyndns.com ). Specifically: http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/

16. How would you know if you were assigned with a good IP and if your IP is behind TP? I have a WAN IP of 124.6.xxx.xx right now, is this good?
  17. josekym

josekym Member

^^What you do is go to www.whatismyip.com and see the IP address being reported by the site. Note that down and compare it with the IP address which your modem WAN port gets. Are they the same? If yes, then you are on a "good" IP. If not, then you are probably behind the TP.

18. Ive learned something new again from you sir. I checked and my wan IP didnt matched with whatismyip reported. Perhaps I would restart my modem til I get a good IP.
  19. josekym

josekym Member

But are both addresses within the public Internet addresses of Globe?

What IP address did whatismyip.com report? If it was 120.28.64.xx, then it's the TP. Globe has a certain group of IP addresses assigned to their TP, and from my observation here, they are:

20. I remember I had prefix of 222 from whatismyip.com earlier not 120. Anyway I restarted my modem and have a WAN IP address of 222.127.xxx.xxx now. The first two 3 digits are matching with whatismyip and the rest are different from my WAN IP. ok lang ba yun?