Getting a Static IP Address from Sky Broadband

Discussion in 'BayanDSL / SkyDSL' started by Tiks, Jul 15, 2012.

1. I cannot post or register in some forums because my IP address is banned or blacklisted. I also sometimes can't download files because the IP address is being used, etc.

Will getting a static IP address help? Will it affect torrent downloading?

2. Same problem with my Bayan DSL. I either use google translate or an online proxy to access the site or I switch temporarily to my backup Sun Broadband.

To answer the TS question... yes, maybe getting a static IP that has not been previously blacklisted will work. However, some sites do blacklist a certain IP range or whole block instead of just one specific IP so you need to verify if the IP they will give you is not in the blacklist already. Can't comment on the torrent downloading though.

3. duhwho

duhwho staff Staff Member

it seems naka NAT with Single IP address shared among subsriber, kaya you got the message you cannot download because IP address is being used..

As for Blacklisting, mahirap ma-whitelist kung shared IP ka... only solution is to have your own IP address.. if in case that IP address given to you is blacklisted you then can request for the ISP to whitelist it to the major known spam house.. since its now assigned to you ...

:D

4. Sorry, I just found out that it's a problem with the forum. The proxy that they are using was blacklisted by the anti-spam program that they are also using, which means almost everyone was not able to post messages. They disabled the former for now to solve the problem.