France joins Germany warning against Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'DSL & Info Tech News' started by ojpd, Jan 21, 2010.

1. ojpd

ojpd Member

France joins Germany warning against Internet Explorer

France has echoed calls by the German government for web users to find an alternative to Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) to protect security. Certa, a government agency that oversees cyber threats, warned against using all versions of the web browser. Germany warned users on Friday after malicious code - implicated in attacks on Google - was published online.

But Microsoft told BBC News that IE8 was the "most secure browser on the market" and people should upgrade. Cliff Evans, head of security and privacy, said that so far the firm had only seen malicious code that targeted the older version of its browser, IE6. "The risk is minimal," he said.

Read the full BBC Article here

2. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

bro...

i edited your post to comply in the proper format in this section and i also make it visible in the portal...

the thread is now visible here...
    http://www.pinoydsl.net/portal.php

3. JamesCooper

JamesCooper Member

I receive the Cumulative Security Update for IE8 for WinXP (KB978207) today (Jan. 22, 2010). The DL size (total) is 9.3 MB. Am hoping that this patch will resolve this security issue.

4. vanix_09

vanix_09 Member

I did to and early this morning I got a new update for IE8 security update. Eto na siguro yong mga update nila sa naging outcome nung Friday sa BBC News.

5. ojpd

ojpd Member

Hehe thanks dude. Di ko alam ang proper format... lol

6. dyoddyowel

dyoddyowel Member

it's easy...

the title must be included in the post itself on the very first line with a size 18 bold font...

that's according to dslmaster when he gave me the task of putting noteworthy news in the portal...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Louis Vuitton. I was surpristed to widen my eyesfrom that time, I much concern about many famous brand of handbags, watches. Gucci handbags attract me a lot. And do some online shopping is much excited than shop in a store or supermarket. It saves me a lot of time. I began to shop online from my college time.