Encore Wifi router problem with My Destiny PLS HELP

Discussion in 'Destiny cable' started by elialcaide, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Hello everyone! It's nice to find a forum like this where knowledge and experience is freely shared. :) :)

Now for my concern. I have bought an Encore Wifi router to use with my destiny internet. I installed it. But got no internet connection. My computer is connecting to the router as i ping tested the router. The problem I think is with the connection between the router and the modem. I tested all the cables (rj45 aka UTP etc.) and all the cables are ok. I tested the router and the router is ok (I even had my router replaced). My destiny's surfboard modem is also working ok as I am able to access the net when I directly connect it with my PC's Lan card.

I have been calling My Destiny's Support number (841-9393) four hours straight and up to now I still can't get through. I'm out of my wits and frustrated! So I am trying the net to solve my problem.

To those who experienced the same problem please share your learning, I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Hardware Details
    Cable Internet Modem: Motorola Surfboard Modelo SB5101i
    Wifi Router: Encore Wireless Router ENHWI-G2

2. klyster

klyster Member

Try checking your settings, on the router, access your router's cp... you check your DHCP settings

3. jonzyx

jonzyx Member

hindi ako masyado familiar sa destiny, yung bang modem eh as modem or baka naka router mode

4. Tr0w4Tr3y

Tr0w4Tr3y Member

5. Follow up on posted query

Can you post the settings here so that those with the same problem can try out your solution.

BTW My destiny provided us with a Motorola Cable internet Modem (Motorola Surfboard Modelo SB5101i).
    Hardware Details

Kindly need assistance in configuring the router and the modem.
    Thank you. :D

6. Thank you Tr0w, I basically need to make the wifi router work with my modem so that I can maximize my My Destiny internet connection. You know so that I can access the net anywhere in my house. :D

7. UPDATE!

Original inquiry POSTED.
    I have bought an Encore Wifi router ENHWI-G2 to use with my destiny's Motorola Surfboard Modelo SB5101i. I installed it. But got no internet connection. My computer is connecting to the router as i ping tested the router. The problem I think is with the connection between the router and the modem. I tested all the cables (rj45 aka UTP etc.) and all the cables are ok. I tested the router and the router is ok (I even had my router replaced). My Motorola Surfboard Modelo SB5101i modem is also working ok as I am able to access the net when I directly connect it with my PC's Lan card.

I basically need to make the wifi router work with my modem so that I can maximize my internet connection. You know, so that I can access the net anywhere in my house.

Kindly need assistance in configuring the router and the modem.

Hardware Details

Update Apr 02, 2008
    After five hours of trying to reach My destiny I finally got through, but to my dismay the person who answered the call was not helpful as she doesn't know anything about the technical issues. What kind of service or should I say disservice. Please help anyone. :evil:

8. klyster

klyster Member

I am not using that type of router, but most of routers has this problem with DHCP automatic initialization, try using the router quick setup for it.

9. klyster

klyster Member

I think the problem is not on the router given by destiny, it is on encore, can you post an image of its cp, for me to be able to guide you.

10. Can you post how to configure my router's DHCP settings. WHat router are you using? are you a my destiny subscriber?

Thank you for your response.
    :D

11. Ok I will Klyster. Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I'll post the CP's ASAP.
    :D

12. raime1978

raime1978 Member

13. klyster

klyster Member

I am using WRT54g as Router, I am using Speedstream ADSL, globe subscriber ako, pero may mga friend akong tinulungan ko nuon magsetup ng router connected to a cable modem-router (sky internet). kasi from your first post, you said that when your computer is directly connected to the modem router you can connect to internet, but when it is connected to the encore wifi router, you can't connect to the internet, it could be DHCP problem, I am not familiar with the Control Panel of Encore, I am more familiar with Linksys and TP-Link and D-link, so if ever you could post a snapshot of its CP, I might be able to help you.

14. i am also using the encore wireless router i bought from cdr king.

baka naka router mode ang modem at yong encore router mo? try mo i bridge yong isa sa kanila. and set a unique IP address for your router, different from the IP address of yur modem. eto kac mali ko before.

15. wpp

wpp

There is a similar thread about this somewhere in the site. I believe this can help you out.

To add to your possible solution, please note that the Encore Router does not work with modems configured as modem/router just like the Prolink H9200. What you can do is to set your Encore Router to "Bridge".

1. Connect your modem and router as usual: Internet-Modem-Router-PC
    2. Access your Router by typing http://192.168.1.1
    3. Default Username is "admin", Password is "1234"
    4. Once in, you are now using the Set up Wizard.
    5. Set your operation mode to "Bridge", DO NOT use "Gateway" or "Wireless ISP"
    6. Now set the rest of the configuration according to your manual.

Note: Set your router as "AP" or access point
    SSID is case and spelling sensitive
    Set your wireless security also.
    7. Remember to save your settings.

If you do everything correctly, you will be able to access the internet with no problem at all. Otherwise, you can set your modem to "Bridge" and use your Router to connect to the internet. I do not recommend this as the Encore Router has a faulty DDNS function.

16. guess i am not the only person with this problem with the Motorola SB5101.

anyone who is using the Linksys wireless wrt54G manage to get it working?

seriously i tried everything and not worked.

17. i had the same problem with mydestiny and my wireless. in fact i made a separate post. finally after experimenting with the tons of suggestions i found in this forum, a combination of two tips worked -

1. in the router WAN set-up, clone your MAC address
    2. power cycle ( turn off modem then router, after 2 minutes, turn on modem, wait for the line signal, then turn on router)

worked like magic!

sana lahat ng mydestiny ganyan lang ang solution para ok na rin kayo.

18. Try mac address copy from the router side.

Before mydestiny used a specific mac address of your computer to not allow other computers to use the internet access

19. That's correct.

I exactly had the same problem for weeks now and was only resolved the other day when Destiny tech support went to my house.

Apparently, the problem is DHCP automatic initialization.

You need to go to the router set-up and manually release and renew it to make it work.

For some reason, Destiny has a problem in throwing its DHCP settings from the server to the modem to the router, thus, the need to do it manually.

HTH.