Destiny Cable Internet + WRT54G2 = TROUBLE!

Discussion in 'Destiny cable' started by egzbuen, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Using my WRT54G2 with my internet connection, I simply cannot get it to work properly or flawlessly.

This is my current set-up: Cable Modem --- wired to ---> WRT54G2 --- wired to --> PC1 but wireless to laptop and PC2.

Network gaming is fine with the two (2) desktops but sharing internet is not working at all. I may have to power on and off about 5x to 10x and manually release and renew my dns entries/dhcps and even go to dos prompt (via cmd) to do ipconfig /release and /renew before I can even get it to work. I do this everytime I need to connect to the internet. As in everyday!!! Worse, sometimes it simply doesn't work. And when I say it doesn't, even PC1 cannot connect or does not have any internet connection.

The only solution to this right now just to be able to use the internet is simply disconnect the router and connect PC1 directly to my cable mode. With this, it simply has NO friggin' problem at all.

To make matters worse, these are the solutions (if you can even call it a solution) offered by Destiny CSRs and their tech support:

1. "Sir, we do not support wi-fi routers".
    2. "Sir, kahit anong ISP, walang ng su-support ng wi-fi router".
    3. "Sir, i-mo-monitor namin yung connection niyo"
    4. "Sir, sira ata wi-fi router niyo"

This is one of their interesting reasons or alibi:

5. "Sir, problem ng Destiny talaga ang dhcp servers namin ngayon. This was a problem last year. It was resolved but now its back but we will do something about it".

Sad part, when I mentioned no. 5 to other CSR's, this is what they told me:

6. "Sir, sino yung CSR na nakausap niyo? Dapat kasi hindi sinasabi yang problem na yan. Internal lang ho yan at dapat hindi sinasabi ng CSR sa subscriber"

Spoke to another CSR to get a second and third opinion, and this was their explanation to me:

7. "Sir, hindi tutuo ho yan" "walang problem ang dhcp servers namin" and then they go back by giving me reason numbers 1 to 4 above.

PLEASE HELP ME:

I. Can anyone help me set-up properly my wireless connection?
    II. Anyone whose on Destiny right now who has no problems with using a wi-fi router?
    II. When I do get lucky and get to use my internet with the wi-fi router connected, after using it a few hours, internet connection stops and I have to do all over again the manual dhcp release and renew and the ipconfig release and renew all over again.

Changing ISP is out of the question right now as I have been to Bayan, PLDT and others but, interestingly, I get the best speed pa rin with Destiny at the 999/month category.

Thanks in advance.

2. merks19

merks19 Member

sir hindi po talaga supported ng ISP and router... sir try nyo po i mac clone ung router nyo.. anu po b ung configuration ng router nyo? pls post

3. Sorry, not so techie here. What do you mean by clone mac? How do I do that?

Will try to post pics on Linksys pag configuration. By the way, which specific page do I need to post?

What do you mean ISP does not support router, do you mean all ISPs or just Destiny?

Because as far as I can remember there are two (2) ISPs now selling wi-fi routers with their plan so that you can share connection.

Thanks

4. genexide

genexide Member

mac cloning.. entering the mac adress of the PC where the connection is originally set up on the router so that the modem will think that it is still connected on the PC and not on the router :)

5. neil

neil Member

Bro. pa O.T. ha.. may kinalaman kaya sa settings nila?

nagkabit ako ngayon ng modem linksys din WRT54G2, ok naman conection ko plug & play.. nagamit ko mga 2 hrs. nag download pa ako mga anti virus, Yahoo messenger. silip sa friendster. hindi pa ako nakaka setup ng security nawala na lang pareho yung internet.. nung nag check ako sa ip ng router 0.0.0.0 na..

nag clone din ako ng MAC address ng pc ko.. wa epek pa din..

nag kaiba lang tayo.. ng ISP. SKY naman ako..

bukas na lang ako tatawag sa provider ko..
    :x

6. Hmm, interesting. Medyo ganyan din akin when I first installed my WRT45G2. Everything ok then after a week, wala na..

7. neil

neil Member

na te trace kaya nila yun? ok sana kung wireless yung modem nila..

8. genexide

genexide Member

anong firmware ng g2 yan?

pa OT din:

sira ata yung g2 ko.. ang hina ng signal lagi kahit magkatabi na sila ng router at laptop :))

9. lordmight

lordmight Guest

diba Motorola modems gamit ng Destiny?

10. How do I check that?
    That's affirmative.

11. lordmight

lordmight Guest

sa umpisa lang maganda ang service ng destiny pero after 3 months magiging panget na then kapag tumawag ka sa Call Center nila kuno ipapasa ka kung kani-kanino hehe. Kaya balik kami sa PLDT so far no prob.

12. neil

neil Member

ayus ah naka pasok pareho.. laptop at pc..
    ilang oras kaya ito?

manual ko nilagay yung DNS ng provider..

@egzbuen try mo rin, baka sakali.. observe ko muna yung sa akin.

13. Is it safe to post here the screen shots of my "ipconfig /all" settings?

I want you guys to take a look at it and may, just maybe, you can see something wrong with my configuration which can help me detect the culprit.

14. lordmight

lordmight Guest

its safe, but be reminded to cover your Wan IP ok?

15. Which one would be my WAN IP and why do I need to cover it?

16. I'm also using that router.plug and play no problems. how come you guys have some problems