CDR King UPS

Discussion in 'CDR King products' started by quakeworld, Dec 22, 2010.

1. quakeworld

quakeworld Member

Hi guys. I'm looking for an uninterruptible power supply and I'm on a tight budget. I'm looking at the CDR King brand of UPS. Can anyone recommend these? Do they actually last a few years or are they just junk? Thanks for your feedback.
  2. Unwired

Unwired Member

dude better get an APC UPS, around 2350...don't bargain your safety and your rig for some cheap UPS.
  3. josekym

josekym Member

Take John Ruskin's advice:

"It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money — that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot — it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better."
  4. bulakenyo

bulakenyo Member

para ba yang: "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"? hehe.

5. apc naman ay hindi rin matibay
  6. jaworemoj

jaworemoj Member

^APC VS CDR King UPS ?yan yung ibig sabihin ni sir unwired.
  7. madzieph71

madzieph71 Member

yung mga bagong units ng APC parang sirain... I still have an APC BackUPS 650VA and APC SmartUPS 700VA bought way back in 2003... buhay na buhay pa... naka-ilang palit na rin ng batteries pero ok na ok pa.
  8. Unwired

Unwired Member

problem you encounter is the battery, in any UPS...dapat mga 1 to 2 years palit ka na ng battery...

you can also try kung meron apollo na brand...basta branded at hindi sub standard na mga gamit...
  9. donetus

donetus Member

me question ako sa UPS, yung battery ba nya available kahit sa ano'ng computer store? or merong specific place where you can buy their replacement?

last na tanong .. hehe . mas mahal ba kung papalitan yung battery than buy a new UPS ulit?
  10. athenaxds

athenaxds Member

Giant UPS I've been using mine for 4 years now.
  11. josekym

josekym Member

^^Sealed lead-acid batteries can be found in electrical supply shops and some hardware stores too (like Ace HW)... Replacing batteries alone should be cheaper than buying a new UPS unit. Just get the same spec batteries to avoid problems.
  12. quakeworld

quakeworld Member

Thanks for the info fellas. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!
  13. alucardver

alucardver Member

try mo mag clone ng APC ^_^ kung marunong ka sa electronics, schematic diagram lang eh solve ka na. sigurado ka pa sa gawa mo. hehehe

tanong lang, pwede ba yung mga motolite na battery dyan. :p

14. im using CD-R king UPS ok naman siya for my modem and router... about 1 year na rin... tibay din... also Apollo Blast they are good UPS too...
  15. ewanko

ewanko Member

magkano po ba mga price ng ups battery?...
    kasi yung powergrade ups ng enigma is (tatagal naman cguro to):D 1,300 tapos me nakita ako battery lang from Ace HW 12v. 1,300 din price... me UPS kasi ako na sira na battery balak ko palitan kaso 1,300 price e kung bibilin ko yung sa enigma 1,300 isang unit na ups... any suggestion?

16. I used intex ups for 2 years now still in good condition
  17. JamesCooper

JamesCooper Member

18. bridge

bridge Member

:D you should buy the solarmaster from motolite.
    its designed for deep charging

check the video
  19. JamesCooper

JamesCooper Member

i agree... but my pocket is not deep enough to buy a solarmaster deep cycle battery.... it's sooooo expensive..... and besides, the battery is also being used by our service car... hehehe.... btw the solarmaster exploded???? why????
  20. bridge

bridge Member

air bubbles from lead acid battery + sparks = BOOM :D

im grinding a metal beside the battery, the sparks went straight to the battery then KABOOM!
    good thing im wearing a helmet :D

so be careful with your battery