BayanDSL Usage Report

Discussion in 'BayanDSL / SkyDSL' started by duhwho, Jan 7, 2011.

1. duhwho

duhwho staff Staff Member

Hi Guys,

Since nasa news na yung capping

Bayantel also provide 100GB cap per month in excess therefore I'm not sure what they do...

Now to monitor you may sign up to this site

Code:
     [url]http://www.bayan.com.ph/aup/usage/[/url] 
    i have not yet signed up.. so i'm not sure how this work hehehe

can someday try to check? hehehe

2. athenaxds

athenaxds Member

This frame was blocked because it contains some insecure content.

What does this mean?

3. duhwho

sa google chrome ganyan

pero sa IE pwedeng pumasok sa website

hehehehe

ewan baka issue sa website

4. motion55

motion55 Member

Is the 100GB limit only for downloads? Hindi ako Bayagtel user.

Mali ang mga Aztecs. The end of the world will be on 2011 .

5. genexide

genexide Member

[​IMG]

bakit ako? 124gigs for the whole month of december 2010

6. duhwho

di pa yata ayos usage report nila.. hehehehe...

kasi yung website galing sa kanilang prepaid usage counter hehehe

7. motion55

motion55 Member

Iisa lang ba ang speed plan ng Bayagtel? Paano pag kumuha ka ng mas mabilis na plan? Pareho din ba ang usage limit? If so, then bakit ka pa kukuha ng ng mabilis na plan?

8. duhwho

yup isang limit lang for any speed

yun lugi ka dun hehehehe

sa globe wimax iba ang limit ng 512 sa 1mbps hehehe

9. mjay

mjay Member

Sir duhwho, di mo need magsign-up if you are an existing BayanDSL subscriber just use your username and password ng PPPoE mo sa usage site to log-in...

10. duhwho

@mjay

ayaw gumana yung PPPoE Usernam password.. bakit sa iyo pwede?

tapos ang lumalabas na eh DSL Prepaid... username and password..

dati may sign up.. ngayon iba na

11. pcruztemp

pcruztemp Member

most capped plans in the states have different cap levels. So maybe if natuloy ang NTC MO, magkakaroon ng ibat ibang plan

wi-tribe has more than 1 plan

12. Mikos

Mikos Member

The site is currently being improved. The BayanDSL people maintaining the website are already aware of it. The site will continue to experience more improvements as the days go by. What we need to have here is patience. At least, just like Wi-Tribe, they do offer us a way to monitor our bandwidth usage.

Earlier, the bandwidth usage site of BayanDSL was merely basing it on the IP currently in use by the subscriber upon visiting the site. Thus, the data were inaccurate. This time though, it shall be based on the PPPoE username and password of the subscriber, aka the account of the subscriber itself.

As these things do take time to set up and fine tune, let us just be patient and wait till it is eventually it is done correctly and nicely. What is proper is we give them feedback on how it is so the site can be further improved. The BayanForum does have a thread where we have encouraged our members to post their feedback in using the site. Sorry to mention the other forum since both are independent and we all appreciate the feedbacks coursed through either one.

As to what happens when the 100Gb limit is reached or exceeded, there is normally an investigation that will follow. As the fair usage policy:

Actions that BAYAN may take on verified reports may consist of but not limited to any of the following: (a) issue written warnings; (b) suspend the customer's account; (c) terminate the customer's account; (d) bill the customer for appropriate items like administrative costs, penalties, and/or reactivation charges.

Thus it does not automatically mean that if the 100Gb is exceeded the internet connection is cut. There will be a due process as stated in the policy as to what can happen if it is exceeded.

Thank you.

13. ayie

ayie Member

wtf. kung itutuloy nila yan. di malyong magkaroon ng isuue yung speed nila..

14. Mikos

Mikos Member

As far as I know, it is only recently that BayanDSL implemented the fair usage policy. Whereas other ISPs, they have already implemented this a long time ago, long before even the NTC came with the policy allowing ISPs to cap the bandwidth usages of residential customers.

As for the speed, in theory, it should promote a better speed as those who abuse the line, will be regulated and curbed. There has been proven instances, even in the US, where abuses in the internet connection has proved to be detrimental to other subscribers. Main reason why even companies world over started capping the bandwidth used by their residential subscribers.

BTW, it is already in effect.

Just to update you guys... Me konting problem dun sa link posted and used earlier. You may start using the following link:

http://fairuse.bti.net.ph/cgi-bin/login.cgi
    (Thanks to my fellow moderator there who posted the link)

Please use your PPPoE Log Ins (meaning the username you use to access the internet WITHOUT the @sod, and the password you also use for the internet).
    No need to "Sign Up" or "Register"

Please bear in mind though that since data is still being collated, the site may just be empty. But as the data collation over time is completed, the site will be filled.

I hope this helps.

15. duhwho

i still don't see in my application form and in the UAP about te 100GB capping?

pero k lang dahil di naman nila pala i shaped ang speed kundi they will still investigate why..

tapos nag try ako.. ang liit ng usage report nila.. well cguro nga its on fine tuning...

oh well...

16. ayie

ayie Member

hahaha.. nakakainis.. hahaha.. kung kelan ko nalaman yung i want tv.. hehehe.. panu yun.. kung 5gb sa isang raw yung dl pnu pa pag nagbrowse? or stream? wala na din pala yung unlimited surf hehehe. mas masaya na mag prepaid nyan. kesa post paid.tss

17. ayie

ayie Member

tsaka isa pa pala.. hindi naman kaya gamitin nanaman ito ng mga abusadong empleyado ninyo? tssss

18. Mikos

Mikos Member

The cap was announced at the Forum maintained by Bayan (it is actually one of the perks that one gets for being a member of the site). The bandwidth cap can be changed as often as necessary and as the ISP may see fit. It is also legal as the ISP is allowed by law to make any changes it deems necessary to improve its service.

In theory, when a subscriber exceeds 100Gb, they affect other subscribers within a specific area as DSL is a shared resource.

You are correct in due time, it will eventually be filled up. The site is currently being fine tuned.

19. Mikos

Mikos Member

Even when you stream a lot with iwantv, you won't reach 100Gb in a month's time. The videos streamed at iwantv are not that big like in a movie file bought in a DVD. They have been optimized to be streamed with connections with as low as 512kbps of speed. Thus, streaming on the iwantv site will not really eat up the 100Gb cap that is initially set for subscribers.

20. Mikos

Mikos Member

It is goodwill to point the mistakes of others provided there is a good reason and veritable proof to do so.

However, it is ill mannered to assume things that otherwise can just be surmised on assumptions, much less without proof.