Asus RT-N16 Wireless Router

Discussion in 'Review Me' started by lakay77, Jul 16, 2010.

1. lakay77

lakay77 Member

front
    [​IMG]

back
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The RT-N16 is a little guy with big surprises. The features that are packed along with the impressive GUI makes even the average router performance seemed non-significant.

The outlook and design of RT-N16 may look as plain as the next wireless router in the market, but making the RT-N16 worthwhile is what this router offers internally and not externally. No one can resist when complicated things are simplified and offered with the push of one button, or with the click of the mouse.

The RT-N16's control panel/GUI offers just the right amount of mixture between simple and advance features. Also, the RT-N16 received the 2010 CES Design and Engineering Showcase Honors.

Specs :

Stock Power Supply = 12V - 1,25A max

Ethernet Ports = WAN x 1 RJ-45 for 10/100/1000 Base T, LAN x 4 RJ-45 for 10/100/1000 Base T

Antennas = 3 x external detachable antennas

USB ports = USB2.0 x 2

WiFi Operating Frequency = 2.4GHz ~ 2.5GHz

802.11n Draft = up to 300Mbps

802.11g = 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54Mbps

802.11b = 1, 2, 5.5, 11Mbps

Unit RAM = 128 MB (2x 64MB - Samsung K4N511163QZ-HC25 or 2x 64MB - Samsung K4T51163QG-HCE6)

Unit Flash = 32 MB (MACRONIX MX29GL256EHTI2I-90Q)

Unit CPU = Broadcom4718A, 533 MHz (Factory clocked to 480MHz)

Unit Switch Chip = Broadcom BCM53115SKFBG

Color of LEDs = Blue

top 10 wireless routers review link

The ASUS RT-N16 Wireless-N Gigabit Router it is one of the best of the wireless n routers it includes two fully functional USB 2.0 ports, a BitTorrent client and support for the RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service) protocol.

to all brothers and sisters in pinoydsl available locally

2. agent_agoy

agent_agoy Member

@lakay77

type ko din ang router na yan, pero la pang budget, para sa akin ang gusto kung firmware pa rin dyan ay yung stock firmware nya. kasi pag gumamit ako ng tomato, ddrwt na firmware baka magkaproblema pa syang pera kung nasira. hehehehee..

3. athenaxds

athenaxds Member

Yan sanang router na iyan pabibili ko walang mabili dito sa pinas kahit dun sa US sa location nung uncle ko kaya eto DIR-655 lang nabili.
    Ang hirap maghanap niyan san kaya meron tinda.

4. michaeltoks

michaeltoks Member

pwede ba to gawin Access Point?

5. agent_agoy

agent_agoy Member

meron po sir, kasi may router akong asus wgl520-gu pede naman po siyang gawing access point.

6. lakay77

lakay77 Member

sa automatic center meron ask them lang order basis at pwede pang 0% interest daw.wag nyong kausapin ang mga tindero kasi hindi nila alam dun.get the name kung sino makakausap nyo at mag follow up lang kayo they will ask for a deposit

there is a Uninstallation If you ever choose to do so or restoring the original firmware.just google it

7. mjay

mjay Member

I have ordered one from the USA at eBay and delivered by USPS Express Mail, un nga lang additional charge ang express delivery it took just 4 days bago nakarating... Its working great, kaya lang di ko pa magamit ang torrent dahil wala pa akong external harddisk...

8. agent_agoy

agent_agoy Member

pagtiyagaan ko na lang dlink dir600 router ko.

9. lakay77

lakay77 Member

ill wait for my order sa automatic center.habol ko dito yung dalawang usb slot nya at pwedeng installan ng 3rd party software

10. motion55

motion55 Member

How much ba sa Automatic center?

11. lakay77

lakay77 Member

P6,500 pwede pang credit card

trivia lang po mga brothers and sisters

3rd party firwmware which can add features and boost performance of your router, as well as gain some stability.

Some of the popular routers which these firmwares are available for.....the Linksys, Asus and Buffalo Tech routers. Note that you need to be careful of "versions".

//insert "Use at your own risk" words of caution...you can brick your router with a flash gone bad..and render it useless.

You can get features such as
    *VPN server
    *Increase your wireless output for increased range
    *VLAN support
    *Increase in bridging and WDS support
    *Traffic charts
    *AP mode, flip role of WAN/Internet port to 5th switch port
    *Overclocking the CPU
    *IDS and antivirus scanning of traffic

12. agent_agoy

agent_agoy Member

@lakay77

balitaan mo naman kami sa router mo kung nabili mo na. kung ok cya.

13. lakay77

lakay77 Member

ok.may gma nakaline up a nga akong gagawin.
    sa tagal tagal kong naghanap at nagtatawag bagsak ko pala sa hindi pc shop

14. i will stick to my DIR-600... buti na lang my emergency room ang D-Link kung bad flash... pwede siya ma revive... im a DD-WRT user... hehehe... ang ganda naman asus na yan... ang mahal nga lang...

15. lakay77

lakay77 Member

just got my rt-n16 ill upgrade to new firmware.kalikutin ko muna hindi kasi ako ganun ka tecky.i need help din pag meron na kayo nito on how to install tomato

16. lakay77

lakay77 Member

while i was setting up my rt-n16 nahirapan ako kala ko may namiss ako sa pag install o pag download ng new utility at new firmware.it took me 2hrs to install yun pala kaya pala ayaw mag install kasi yung antivirus ko nagprevent sa asus utility mag install

dont worry ill still install yung tomato firmware

17. lakay77

lakay77 Member

just finish installing my asus rt-n16

nagkaproblema lang ako at natagalan hehehe.nagkamali kasi ako kaya pala

ito ginawa ko

download nyo muna yung oleg FW here: oleg firmware
    hanapin nyo ang router nyo

to do this ioff nyo yung firewall sa pc ioff din ang anti virus at manual config ng ip

ip address: 192.168.1.2
    subnet: 255.255.255.0
    default gateway: 192.168.1.1

then tangalin yung power then hold reset then plug it again while holding the reset button sa likod the power led will start to blink use the asus firmware restoration tool which you can get in your cd of the asus router, select browse kung saan nakalagay yung oleg file nyo then upload niyo na, after matapos ang paguupload ng custom firmware ireset nyo ulit ang router unplug then plug ulit then nasa oleg na kayo

tapos ngaun from oleg to tomato naman

download nyo naman dito yung tomato: tomato firmware

yung akin Kernel 2.6 (experimental) for MIPSR2 Ext at wag kung saan saan kasi baka bricked yang router nyo at babye na

ioff nyo yung firewall sa pc ioff din ang anti virus at manual config ng ip

ip address: 192.168.1.2
    subnet: 255.255.255.0
    default gateway: 192.168.1.1

then tangalin yung power then hold reset then plug it again while holding the reset button sa likod the power led will start to blink use the asus firmware restoration tool which you can get in your cd of the asus router, select browse kung saan nakalagay yung tomato file nyo then upload niyo na, after matapos ang paguupload ng custom firmware type nyo sa internet explorer niyo ang 192.168.1.1 username na niyan is admin at ang password is admin punta kayo ng administrator>configuration then under ng Restore Default Configuration may drop down box choose Erase all data in NVRAM memory (thorough) voila nasa tomato na kayo

You are now ready to start using your Asus router with Tomato.

IMPORTANT:

Don't forget to change the password from the default one. (Administration > Admin Access > Password)
    Wireless is enabled by default with no security enabled. Be sure to update this before people start jumping on your network. (Basic > Network > Wireles

pls basahin mabuti.pag hindi sigurado.GOOGLE it
    or
    you can go to tomato website for installation procedures tomato firmware